Lemon & Strawberry Gelato22.8.2017
The perfect summer ice cream - zesty and fresh; great to cool down on those hot days, or as a delicious dessert.
Recipe courtesy of Waitrose. Makes 2 litres. Quick and easy to prepare, but please note it will need overnight freezing.
- 400g fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 40g icing sugar
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 600ml double cream
- 250g tub Galbani Mascarpone
- 325g jar Waitrose 1 Lemon Curd
- Roughly mash the strawberries with a fork then stir in the icing sugar, lemon zest and juice, and set aside.
- Whisk the cream until it forms soft peaks. In a separate bowl beat together the mascarpone and lemon curd until smooth, then stir into the cream.
- Spread ¹/³ of the mascarpone mixture in the base of a 2-litre freezer-proof container. Spoon over half the strawberries, then ripple the mixture together using a spoon. Repeat to make another layer, finishing with the mascarpone mixture. Freeze overnight until firm.
- Remove the gelato from the freezer 30 minutes before serving.